Please visit SASI in the Community and Celebrating Experience for a description of these events.
- 2/10, Sunday, 3-5: Celebrating Experience Gallery Reception. Works by artists Mary Jo Bowers and Hope Salmanoff will be featured through May 3, 2013. Refreshments will be served.
- 4/21, Sunday, 3-4: Early Music Concert The Chicago Viols with Craig Trompeter, Director. The Chicago Viols, a viola da gamba ensemble under the direction of Craig Trompeter, will perform a concert of 17th century music featuring works by William Byrd, Henry Purcell, Alfonso Ferrabosco, Johann Sebastian Bach, and Marc-Antoine Charpentier at the Mallinckrodt Community Center on April 21 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Trompeter, founding director of the Haymarket Opera Company and former principal cellist of Chicago's Baroque Band, has appeared as a soloist with the Chicago Symphony, Music of the Baroque, and numerous other distinguished musical groups. The free concert will include an interactive discussion and refreshments will be served. Donations will be accepted to benefit SASI's caregiving training programs. The Mallinckrodt Community Center is located at 1041A Ridge Road in Wilmette.
- 5/8, Wednesday, 7:00: Aging Well Film Festival “Age of Champions,” is an award-winning documentary following five competitors who reach for the gold at the National Senior Olympics. Presented by Aging Well and REELTIME, a program of Percolator Films. Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Avenue, Evanston.
- 5/10, Friday, 8 -12:30 : 15th Annual Aging Well Conference, Three Crowns Park,
2323 McDaniel Avenue, Evanston. Please go to this page for registration information and workshop descriptions.
- 5/29, Wednesday, 9:00 - noon
Free Memory Screening North Shore Village and Northwestern University's Speech, Language, and Learning Clinic are partnering to offer a free Memory Screening to promote cognitive health. Each confidential screening takes 15 minutes and includes a consultation to discuss results. Reservations are encouraged; walk-ins accepted as space allows. Held at the Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge, Evanston. Free parking. To sign up, call 224-234-2450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and NSV will call you to schedule an appointment.
- 6/2, Sunday, 10:00-3:30 Help, Hope, Healing After Trauma: A Conference For Survivors and Those Who Care is sponsored by the Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute. The conference will be held at Beth Emet The Free Synagogue, 1224 Dempster, Evanston. For more information, call 312-467-2552 or email email@example.com.
- 10/13, Sunday, 8:00: The Bank of America 2013 Chicago Marathon SASI Board Member Ben Gerber is in it for the long run! Support his effort here.
- 10/19, Saturday, 6:00: The Ruby Slipper Event, Evanston Golf Club, Evanston.